About Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2021 (GATE 2021)
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2021 exam is an examination which is conducted by seven Indian institute of Technology (Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee), IISC on behalf of National Coordination Board (NCB)-GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India.
Every year one of the 7 IITs conducts the GATE Exam. Hence, question arises in students’ mind that Which IIT is going to organize GATE 2021 Exam? So, the answer to this question is that GATE Exam will be conducted by IIT Bombay, in 2021.
Brief About GATE 2021 Exam
IIT Bombay is conducting GATE Exam 2021. And for that matter, official GATE 2021 notification has been released by IIT Bombay, with detailed information brochure along with GATE Exam Date and other Important Dates, GATE Eligibility, Exam Pattern, and Updated Syllabus. The GATE 2021 paper will be held on 5th February, 2021 to 7th February, 2021 & 12th February, 2021 to 14th February, 2021. As we know GATE Exam is conducted at national level and it is attempted by around 9 lakh candidates; a simple preparation strategy may not sufficient, one needs to work smart. GATE Score carries a high weightage when one has to decide about where he wants to take an admission for higher studies and where to do job in future. The GATE 2021 examination centers are spread not only in different cities across the India, but also outside India (In International centers, GATE-2021 will be conducted only if the current COVID-19 situation eases and travel and other restrictions are relaxed. Else GATE-2021 in international centers will be ;CANCELLED”). The GATE 2021 examination would be purely a Computer Based Test (CBT).
GATE 2021 Important Date
|GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens||14th September, 2020||Monday|
|Closing of submission of application form||30th September 2020||Wednesday|
|Last Date of Extended period for Online Registration Application
(With Late Fees)
|7th October, 2020||Wednesday|
|Last date for requesting a change of examination city (an additional
fee will be applicable)
|13th November 2020||Friday|
|Admit Card will be available in the Online Application Portal (for printing)||8th January 2021||Friday|
|GATE 2021 Examination||5 th February, 2021
6 th February, 2021
7 th February, 2021
12 th February, 2021
13 th February, 2021
14 th February, 2021
|Announcement of Result||22nd March 2021||Monday|
GATE Exam 2021 Fees
|FOR EXAMINATION CENTERS IN INDIA||APPLICATION FEE||DURING THE EXTENDED PERIOD|
|Female candidates||Rs. 750||Rs. 1250|
|SC/ST/PwD* category candidates||Rs. 750||Rs. 1250|
|All other candidates||Rs. 1500||Rs. 2000|
|For Examination Centers outside India (All Candidates)|
|Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka and Kathmandu||US$ 50||US$ 70|
|Dubai and Singapore||US$ 100||US$ 120|
GATE 2021 Application Form
After due registration, GATE 2021 application must be filled and submitted ONLINE only at GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS)
Data require for filling Application form :
- Personal information : Name (As per degree certificate or certificate issue by Institute where candidate pursuing study) , date of birth, personal mobile number, parents’ name, parents’ mobile number, etc.
- Address for Communication (including PIN code)
- Eligibility degree details (Along with scanned copy)
- College name and address with PIN code
- Quality image of candidate photograph and signature (Photograph 480*640 pxl in Jpeg format with white background)
- Choice of GATE examination cities
- Category (SC/ST) certificate (if applicable) in Pdf format
- Scanned copy of PwD Certificate (if applicable) ,Dyslexic Certificate (if applicable) in Pdf format
- Details of the valid Identity Document (ID)(The same ID, in original, should be carried to the examination hall)
- Net-banking/debit card/credit card details for fee payment
GATE 2021 Eligibility criteria
Before starting the application process, the candidate must ensure that he/she meets the educational eligibility criteria of GATE 2021
|QUALIFYING DEGREE||QUALIFYING DEGREE/EXAMINATIONS||ELIGIBILITY|
|B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Pharm.||Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/ Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/Technology)||Currently in the final year or already completed|
|B. Arch.||Bachelor’s degree holders of Architecture (5 years course)/Naval Architecture (4 years course)/Planning (4 years course)||Currently in the final year or already completed|
|B.Sc. (Research)/ B.S.||Bachelor’s degree in Science (Post-Diploma/4 years after 10+2)||Currently in the 4th year or already completed|
|Pharm. D. (after 10+2)||Degree holders of 6 years program, consisting of internship or residency training during sixth year||Currently in the 4th/5th/6th year or already completed|
|MBBS||Degree holders of M.B.B.S. and those who are in the 7th/8th/9th semester of such programme.||7th, 8th, 9th or already completed|
|M. Sc./M.A./MCA or equivalent||Master’s degree in any branch of Science / Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent||Currently in the final year or already completed|
|Int. M.E./ M.Tech. (Post-B.Sc.)||Post-BSc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering/Technology (4 years program)||Currently in the 2nd/3rd/4th year or already completed|
|Int. M.E./ M.Tech. or Dual Degree(after Diploma or 10+2)||Integrated Master’s degreeprogram or Dual Degree program in Engineering/Technology (5 years program)||Currently in the 4th/5th year or already completed|
|Int. M.Sc./ Int. B.S.-M.S.||Integrated M.Sc. or 5 years integrated B.S.-M.S. program||Currently in the final year or already completed|
|Professional Society Examinations (equivalent to B.E./B.Tech./ B.Arch.)||B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch. equivalent examinations of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/ UPSC/AICTE (e.g., AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers-India and so on)||Completed Section A or equivalent of such professional course|
GATE 2021 Admit Card
- The Admit Card for GATE 2021 will be available ONLY on GOAPS website
- Admit card will be available from 1 week of January 2022 (tentative )
- Candidates must bring a print-out of the downloaded Admit Card to the Examination for the verification along with the original and valid photo Identity Document
GATE 2021 Exam Paper Pattern
|Gate Exam | Paper Pattern for Gate 2021|
|Exam Duration||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Number of Subjects
|Number of Questions||
65 No. of Questions of Maximum 100 Marks.
There will be three question types:
|Number of sections||GATE 2021 question paper will comprise of total 3 sections except for AR, CY, GG, EY, XL, PH and MA papers :
1) General Aptitude (GA)
2) Engineering Mathematics (for XL papers it is Chemistry)
3) Subject – Specific section
|General Aptitude Section||
The GATE paper will also consist of a compulsory General Aptitude (GA) section constituting of 10 questions.
Therefore, the total marks for this section will be 15 marks.
|Marking Scheme||MCQs carrying 1 mark each– 1/3 mark will be cut for every wrong answer.
MCQs carrying 2 marks – 2/3 mark will be cut for every incorrect response.
* There is no negative marking for Multiple Select Question (MSQ)
Numerical Answer Type (NAT) Questions.
GATE 2021 Preparation Tips
Gate in one of the toughest exam in our country, due to population in India. competition is very high and therefore focused study planned is required.
Gate exam aims at rigorous testing of the students’ concepts building and how much they are conceptual sounds in engineering with management skills after graduating. That is why in Gate exam engineering subjects are covering 70% weightage while Aptitude and Maths are covering 15% each respectively.
STRATEGY FOR GATE EXAMINATION:
The following tips would be unquestionably support you scoring in Gate Exam or any competitive exam.
Go through previous years’ question papers
- Solve last 20 years paper and check with solutions to avoid chilly mistake
- Follow which patter are paper maker following every years
- Focus on those subjects which have maximum weightage.
- Follow 80-80 rules
Your books should be divided into two categories
First one which is dealing with fundamentals and emphasising on conceptual clarity, i.e. ICE Gate Institute, GateFlix and other which are reputed coaching institutes.
Second, which you provide sweet tricks and tips for solving hard as well lengthy question with smart technique with essential practices questions.
prepare notes in your words after completing each chapter or subjects. Do practice with maximum number of questions as possible on given topic or subjects which will make you perfect. This habits certainly strengthens of your preparations.
Keep in mind
Assuredly left out questions or topics or subjects which are not in Gate Exam Syllabus. Divide your strategy three part, which you think you are weak, moderate and strong. Have all indispensable formulas on your fingertips.
Handwritten toppers notes
and study material of a prominent institute will be beneficial for the one who are doing revision or self-study. Your own notes is the best whether you done with your techniques, it will be highly recommended for saving your time. You should be exposed to a regular systematic study. Also, joining a peer group would make one more competitive. Online test series are beneficial too.
Keep your self very updated about any changes or developments in the gate examination for the coming time.
GATE Exam Cut Off – average
Below, candidates can check the expected cut off for GATE 2021 entrance examination. After released by the official authority we will update the actual cut off marks.
|Electronics and Communication||25||25.5||16.50|
GATE 2021 Syllabus
- Engineering Mathematics :Linear Algebra, Calculus, Differential equations, Complex variables, Probability and Statistics, Numerical Methods
- Applied Mechanics and Design :Mechanics of Materials, Theory of Machines, Vibrations, Machine Design
- Fluid Mechanics and Thermal Sciences :Fluid Mechanics, Heat-Transfer, Thermodynamics, Applications
- Materials Manufacturing and Industrial Engineering :Engineering Materials, Casting, Forming and Joining Processes, Machining and Machine Tool Operations:, Metrology and Inspection, Computer Integrated Manufacturing, Production Planning and Control, Inventory Control, Operations Research
- Engineering Mathematics : Discrete Mathematics, Linear Algebra, Calculus, Probability
- Computer Science and Information Technology , Digital Logic, Computer Organization and Architecture, Programming and Data Structures , Theory of Computation, Compiler Design, Operating System, Databases, Computer Networks
- Engineering Mathematics :Linear Algebra, Calculus, Ordinary Differential Equation (ODE), Partial Differential Equation (PDE), Probability and Statistics, Numerical Methods
- Structural Engineering :Engineering Mechanics, Solid Mechanics, Structural Analysis, Construction Materials and Management, Concrete Structures, Steel Structures
- Geotechnical Engineering :Soil Mechanics, Foundation Engineering
- Water Resources Engineering :Fluid Mechanics, Hydraulics, Hydrology, Irrigation
- Environmental Engineering :Water and Waste Water, Air Pollution, Municipal Solid Wastes Noise Pollution
- Transportation Engineering :Transportation Infrastructure, Highway Pavements, Traffic Engineering
- Geomatics Engineering
Electronics and Communication
- Engineering Mathematics : Linear Algebra, Calculus, Differential Equations, Vector Analysis, Complex Analysis, Numerical Methods, Probability and Statistics
- Networks, Signals and Systems : Network solution methods, Continuous-time signals
- Electronic Devices :
- Analog Circuits
- Digital Circuits
- Control Systems
- Engineering Mathematics : Linear Algebra, Calculus, Differential equations, Complex variables, Probability and Statistics, Numerical Methods, Transform Theory
- Electric Circuits
- Electromagnetic Fields
- Signals and Systems
- Electrical Machines
- Power Systems
- Control Systems
- Electrical and Electronic Measurements
- Power Electronics
- Engineering Mathematics: Linear Algebra, Calculus, Differential equations, Analysis of Complex variables, Probability and Statistics, Numerical Methods.
- Electrical Circuits
- Signals and Systems
- Control Systems
- Analog Electronics
- Digital Electronics
- Sensors and Industrial Instrumentation
- Communication and Optical Instrumentation
- Engineering Mathematics : Linear Algebra, Calculus, Differential equations, Complex variables, Probability and Statistics, Numerical Methods
- Process Calculations and Thermodynamics
- Fluid Mechanics and Mechanical Operations
- Heat Transfer
- Mass Transfer
- Chemical Reaction Engineering
- Instrumentation and Process Control
- Plant Design and Economics
- Chemical Technology