GATE 2022 Application Form has been started from September 14 th , 2020. The candidates who wish to take admission in IITs/IISc or other institutes for M. Tech/Ph.D. programme can register themselves for GATE Examination.
GATE 2022 Exam is being organised by IIT, Bombay. In this page, candidates can check step-by-step process that shows
GATE 2022 Registration
GATE 2022 registration must be done through GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) portal. The registration has been started on 11th September, 2020 through online mode. The last date, candidates can fill the application form is 30th September, 2020. If candidate fails to fill application form within this period, they can fill form for the exam till 7th October, 2022 with Late Fees. There is no need to send application or any other documents to the respective authority by post or any other mode.
Documents/Details Required for Registration:
For GATE 2022 Registration, some documents and details are required, which needs to be accurate and reliable. Here, below list of documents/details are given that are required mandatorily:
1. Personal details (name, date of birth, personal mobile number, parents’ name, parents’ mobile number, etc.).
- Please note that the name of the candidate in the application form must exactly be the same as that in the qualifying degree certificate or the certificate issued by the Head of the Department/Institute in which the candidate is pursuing his/her study.
- GATE 2020 scorecard will be issued as per the name entered in the application form.
- Prefix/title such as Mr/Shri/Dr/Mrs/Smt, etc. should NOT be used before name.
2. Address for Communication (including PIN code).
3. Eligibility degree details.
4. College name and address with PIN code.
5. GATE paper (subject).
6. Choice of GATE examination cities.
7. High quality image of candidate’s photograph conforming to the requirements specified.
8. Good quality image of candidate’s signature conforming to the requirements specified.
9. Scanned copy of the Eligibility Certificate in PDF format (Degree Certificate or Provisional
10. Certificate or Certificate from the Head of the Department/ Institute.
11. Scanned copy of Category (SC/ST) certificate (if applicable) in PDF format.
12. Scanned copy of PwD Certificate (if applicable) in PDF format.
13. Scanned copy of Dyslexic Certificate (if applicable) in PDF format.
14. Details of the valid Identity Document* (ID) (The same ID, in original, should be carried to
the examination hall).
15. Net-banking/debit card/credit card details for fee payment.
16. Valid Identity Document: Passport/ PAN card/ Voter ID/ Aadhaar-UID/ College ID/ Employee ID/ Driving License.
Steps to Register for GATE 2022
Below are steps to follow for Application Procedure for GATE Exam 2022
Step 1: Online Registration
1.1 Visit Official Portal of GOAPS
- Access the official link of GOPAS.
- Click on ‘Register Here’.
- Enter Registration details like Name of the candidate, valid e-mail address, mobile number, and a GOPAS Password. (Password should be strong and must be easy to remember.)
1.2 Note Down your GOAPS Enrollment ID
- After the successful registration, candidates will receive GOAPS Enrollment ID on their registered email ID & mobile number.
- Keep this enrollment ID safe as it will be required for future logins at the time of downloading of admit card, result and score card.
Step 2: Fill the Application Form
- Now, candidates have to login with Enrollment ID/Email Address & Password.
- Then, click on submit button.
- Now, click on “Start GATE 2022 Application Form”.
2.2 Fill given Details
- Choose Exam Centres: Students can choose maximum three test centres for taking the
2.2.1 Enter Personal Details & Photo ID details:
Candidates have to enter their personal details including name, date of birth, gender, nationality, ID proof etc. Further, they have to enter the specified number mentioned in their identification card (any one of Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar UID, valid College ID, Employee identification or and Driving License)
2.2.2 Enter your Address:
Candidates have to enter their complete address including Pin Code for future communication.
2.2.3 Enter Academic Details:
Candidates need to fill their qualification details of degree examination.
Step 3: Upload Documents
3.1 Upload Necessary Documents :
Candidates are required to upload the asked documents which are the scanned copy of degree certificate, category certificate (If Applicable), Photograph, Signature & PwD Certificate (If Applicable) in given respective boxes.
- Mention the source of GATE 2020 information.
- You can view your filled-in application by clicking on save and view application.
- Or you can direct submit and proceed to payment.
Step 4: Fees Payment
The application fee for Male (General/OBC) and Other candidates is Rs. 1500/- and for SC/ST/Pwd and Women (All Categories) it is Rs. 750/- . The International Students have to pay USD 50 against the application fee. The fee can be paid using net banking, debit card, Credit card, and other online
Points to be Careful About:
- Before payment, candidates will be shown a ‘preview’ of application. Here, candidates can review and check the application for any errors.
- After clicking on “Confirm and Final Submit” button, no changes will be allowed at later stages.
- There is no need to send the print-out of filled-in application form to the GATE office.