Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay
IIT Bombay was established in 1958 with assistance from UNESCO and with funds contributed by the Soviet Union
|Motto||ज्ञानं परमं ध्येयम्|
|Address||Adi Shankaracharya Marg, IIT Bombay, Powai, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
- IIT Bombay, along with other IITs and IISc, conducts entrance examination for admission and pre-qualification of students for undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
- JEE (Advanced Joint Entrance Examination) for the B.Tech programme
- GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) for M.Tech and PhD programmes
- CEED (Common Entrance Exam for Design) for M. Des and PhD programmes
- UCEED (Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam in Design) for B.Des programs
- JAM (Joint Admission Test for M.Sc.)
About Campus and Hostel
The campus is located at Powai in East, Mumbai between two beautiful lake Vihar and Powai. Campus having an area of about 550 acres. The whole campus is divided into a cluster of buildings. All departmental annexes buildings are connected with corridor named Infinite Corridor. There are separate hostels for Males and Females Approximately total of 18 hostels are there.
The institute has swimming pools facility, football Ground, hockey and cricket grounds; and tennis, and volleyball courts. For various cultural and other extracurricular activities the campus also has a Students’ Activity Center (SAC).They also celebrate India’s largest college cultural festival called Mood indigo. It is 4 days event and he influential personalities who have graced the festival like R D Burman, , Sir Mark Tully, Sachin Tendulkar, Aamir Khan, and many more.
IIT Bombay offers a wide range of courses of study in engineering, pure sciences, design, management and humanities with a primary focus on engineering. The university is a member of “Links to Asia by Organizing Traineeship and Student Exchange” (LAOTSE), an international network of leading universities in Europe and Asia exchanging students and senior scholars.
- Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech.),
- Dual Degree (B.Tech. and M.Tech. in 5 years),
- Master of Science (MSc.),
- Master of Technology (MTech.),
- Bachelor of Design (B.Des),
- Master of Design (MDes.),
- Master of Management (MMgmt.),
- Master of Philosophy (MPhil.) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD.) in various areas.
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Engineering Physics
- Electrical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Civil Engineering
The highest domestic CTC offered in phase-I IIT Bombay placements is Rs 45 lakh per annum. On the other hand, the highest international CTC offered in phase-I placements is $1.64 lakh.
|Sector||CTC (per annum – in lakh)|
|Engineering and Technology||18.5|
|Research & Development||16.13|