Recruitment of fresh Engineering Graduates for Executive positions in
Electrical / Electronics / Civil Disciplines
POWERGRID, the Central Transmission Utility (CTU) of India, one of the largest Transmission Utilities in the World and a Maharatna Enterprise of Govt. of India is engaged in power transmission business with the mandate for planning, coordination, supervision, and control over complete Inter-State transmission system.
POWERGRID operates around 164,115 circuit km. of transmission lines along with 248 Sub-stations (as of 30.07.2020) and wheels about 50% of total power generated in the country through its transmission network.
POWERGRID also owns and operates approximately 66,922 km of Telecom Network, with points of presence in approx. 714 locations and intra-city network in 206 cities across India.
POWERGRID, with its strong in-house expertise in various facets of Transmission, Sub-Transmission, Distribution, and Telecom sectors also offers consultancy services at the National and International levels. POWERGRID has been making a profit since inception, having Gross turnover of Rs. 36,186 Crore and Profit After Tax of Rs. 10,811 Crore (FY: 2019 – 20). To take the growth curve to further heights, POWERGRID is looking for Bright, Committed and Energetic engineers to join its fold as EXECUTIVE TRAINEEs in the disciplines of Electrical / Electronics/ Civil through GATE 2022.
VACANCIES & RESERVATION
Details of the number of vacancies and reservations shall be indicated in the notification to be published on our website before the commencement of Online Registration. However, the reservation shall be provided to OBC(NCL)/ EWS/SC/ST/PwD candidates depending on the number of vacancies and as per the Govt. of India Directives.
a. Valid Score in the GATE 2022
The candidate should have appeared in the corresponding paper of GATE 2022 as shown in the following table and Qualified in the same. The qualifying marks shall be as declared by GATE 2022 Organizing Body.
|Corresponding GATE 2022 Paper
POWERGRID may also use the GATE 2022 scores for recruitment for other positions depending on requirements.
b. Upper Age Limit
28 years as on 31.12.2020
c. Essential Qualification
Final Year / Semester students who expect their final results by 14.08.2022 are also eligible to apply, provided they have obtained 70% marks or equivalent CGPA in aggregate of all semesters/years up to pre-final examination. In the case of selection, their candidature shall be subject to their securing a minimum of 70% marks in essential qualification.
Such candidates need to mention their marks up to the pre-final examination while filling up the online application form for POWERGRID.
* For instruction on the conversion of CGPA into a percentage, refer to points 7 and 8 of “GENERAL INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS”.
RELAXATIONS AND CONCESSIONS
- The posts are identified suitable for the following subcategories of PwD:– Posts: ET (Electrical)/ ET (Electronics)/ ET (Civil) —1. Deaf & Hard of Hearing —2. Orthopedically Handicap – One Leg/ One Arm, Dwarfism. Also includes Acid Attack victims and Leprosy Cured persons with the above disabilities —3. Combinations of (1) and (2) above
- Reservation/ relaxation/ concession to OBC (NCL)/ SC/ ST/EWS/ PwD/ Ex – SM/ J&K Domiciled/ Victims of riots shall be as per Government of India directives.
- Persons suffering from not less than 40% of the relevant disability shall only be eligible for the benefit of PWD.
- Relaxation in Marks in essential qualification for SC/ST/PwD candidates:
Qualifying Marks in essential qualification is relaxed to pass marks for posts reserved for the respective category/PwD Subcategory as per the final detailed advertisement to be issued before the commencement of online registration.
5. Relaxation in Upper Age Limit:
|a) For OBC(NCL) candidates
|: 3 years (for posts reserved for the respective category)
|b) For SC/ST candidates
|: 5 years (for posts reserved for the respective category)
|c) For PwD candidates
|: 10 years over and above category relaxation
|d) J&K Domicile / Ex-Servicemen/ Victims of riots
|: As per Govt. of India directives
6. Reservation/ Relaxation / Concession for SC / ST will be subject to the submission of relevant Caste Certificate in the prescribed format issued by a competent authority at the time of application and interview if called for.
7. Relaxation / Concession for J&K Domicile / Ex-Servicemen/ Victims of riots will be subject to the submission of relevant Age relaxation cum Domicile certificate /Discharge certificate etc. in the prescribed format issued by a competent authority at the time of application and interview if called for.
8. Reservation and Relaxation for OBC (NCL) will be subject to submission of a copy of the latest OBC (NCL) certificate in the format prescribed by the Govt. of India for “Appointment to posts under Govt. of India” from a competent authority at the time of application and interview if called for.
9. Reservation for EWS will be subject to the submission of a copy of the latest Income and Asset Certificate issued by a Competent Authority at the time of application and interview if called for.
10. Reservation / Relaxation / Concession for Persons with Disability is subject to the submission of a medical certificate in the prescribed format in support of disability issued by the Government Medical Board at the time of application and interview if called for.
11. Candidates working in POWERGRID are advised to refer to the internal circular before filling up the application.
12. Relaxation/ Concession for POWERGRID Departmental Candidates
- No Upper Age Limit
- Qualifying Marks in essential qualification is relaxed to 50% for General and OBC (NCL) Category.
- Departmental Candidates shall also be required to qualify in the corresponding paper of GATE 2022.
- No application fee for applying in POWERGRID
Trainees working in POWERGRID shall not be considered as Departmental Candidate. Please refer to Internal Circular before filling up the application for further details.
The Selection Process consists of marks obtained (out of 100) in the corresponding paper of GATE 2022, Group Discussion & Personal Interview.
Eligible candidates will have to appear for the corresponding paper of GATE 2022, i.e. Electrical Engineering (EE) / Electronics and Communication (EC) / Civil Engineering (CE).
Candidates qualified in the corresponding paper of GATE 2022 shall only be eligible to be considered for the next stage of selection. Qualifying marks in GATE 2022 shall be as decided by GATE 2022 conducting authority.
Qualified candidates shall be short-listed category-wise for Group Discussion & Personal Interview based on their normalized marks out of 100 in GATE 2022, in the corresponding paper. Candidates shall obtain information about their status through their login at the POWERGRID Online Application System. Shortlisted candidates shall be able to download their interview call letter and other relevant documents through the candidate login.
Candidates shortlisted for the Group Discussion and Interview shall be required to bring the documents as mentioned in their interview call letter.
Candidates must qualify in the Personal Interview in order to be considered for empanelment. The qualifying
% in an interview for different categories are as mentioned below:
|Qualifying % in Interview
|Unreserved / EWS
|OBC (NCL) / SC/ ST/ PwD
|30% (for posts reserved for the corresponding category as per notification to be issued before online submission of an application to POWERGRID.)
Group discussion will not have any Qualifying Marks.
Weightage of Different Parameters
For calculation of the final score of a candidate for empanelment, the weightage of marks obtained in GATE, Group Discussion, and Interview shall be as indicated below:
|GATE 2022 Marks (out of 100) in EE Paper
Empanelment of Candidates
Candidates shortlisted for GD and interview may have to undergo psychometric assessment results of which shall be used as an input during the interview. Candidates who qualify in the Personal Interview will only be adjudged suitable for empanelment. Therefore it is again reiterated that candidates will have to qualify in GATE 2022 and in Personal Interview separately in order to be considered eligible for empanelment.
Please note that only the GATE 2022 score (Normalized Marks out of 100) is valid for this recruitment process. The GATE score of 2020 or prior is not valid.
The offer of appointment shall be issued to the suitable candidates in the order of category wise merit and based on the requirement. Selected candidates shall be notified through their login in the Online application system.
Appointment of selected candidates will be subject to their being found medically fit in the Pre-Employment Medical Examination to be conducted as per POWERGRID Norms and Standards of Medical Fitness.
INDICATIVE JOB DESCRIPTION
Applicants should have sound health. No relaxation in POWERGRID Medical Norms is allowed. For details of standards on medical fitness, please visit the career section of our website: www.powergridindia.com.
The Corporation offers a very attractive pay package and is one of the best in the Industry. Selected candidates will be placed in the pay scale of Rs. 60,000 – 1,80,000/- during the one-year training period. On successful completion of training, the candidates will be absorbed as Assistant Managers on the same scale.
On regularization, the Compensation package includes Basic Pay, Dearness Allowance, Perquisites and Allowance as per cafeteria approach, Performance Related Pay, Company Leased Accommodation / Company Quarters or HRA, Reimbursement of monthly conveyance expenditure, mobile facility, PF, Gratuity, Pension & Leave encashment, Group Insurance, Personal Accident Insurance, etc.
The Corporation also offers excellent facilities like Short and Long-term Loans & Advances including House Building Advance, Medical facilities for self and dependents, etc. to its regular employees in accordance with the policies of the organization from time to time.
SERVICE AGREEMENT BOND
The selected candidates will be required to execute a service agreement bond to successfully complete the prescribed training period and thereafter serve the organization for at least three years. The amount of the bond is INR 5,00,000/- for General/ OBC (NCL)/EWS candidates and INR 2,50,000/- for SC/ST/PwD candidates.
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR REGISTRATION/APPLICATION
- Candidates have to register themselves and appear for the corresponding paper of GATE 2022.
- For details on GATE 2022, please visit http://www.gate.iitb.ac.in/
- A separate notification with details regarding the number of vacancies, reservation, important instructions regarding submission of POWERGRID online application, date of interview, etc. shall be hosted on our website, from 10th January 2022 (Tentative).
- The application window for POWERGRID shall be open from 15th Jan 2022 to 15th Feb 2022 (Tentative). Candidates have to register themselves online at the POWERGRID website with details of their GATE 2022 Application No., GATE 2022 Registration Number, and other required information, which will be made available at the CAREER section of www.powergridindia.com.
- SC/ST/PwD/ Ex-SM/ Departmental candidates are exempted from payment of application fees. You are required to login to your candidate login section and then deposit non-refundable application fees of Rs. 500/- through online mode only. On submission of application fees, your application process will be treated as complete.
Candidates will be required to retain their GATE 2022 Admit card and GATE 2022 Score card for verification at the time of GD/ Interview / Joining in POWERGRID.
GENERAL INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS
- Only Indian Nationals of age 18 years or above are eligible to apply for POWERGRID.
- Before applying, the candidate should ensure that he/she fulfils the eligibility criteria and other norms mentioned in this advertisement.
- Essential qualification should be recognized in India and from a recognized Institution or University.
- Vacancies are for requirements all over the country, mostly on-site locations. Selected candidates shall be assigned for OJT and final postings accordingly.
- Management reserves the right to cancel/restrict/enlarge/modify/alter the recruitment/ selection process, if need so arises, without issuing any further notice or assigning any reason thereafter.
- The date of issuance of the final mark sheet shall be taken as the date of acquiring qualification.
- Wherever CGPA/OGPA/DGPA or Letter Grade in a degree/diploma is awarded, its equivalent percentage of marks must be indicated in the application form as per norms adopted by University / Institute.
- The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in the bachelor’s degree shall be calculated based on the practice followed by the university/institution from where the candidate has obtained the degree. In case the candidates are awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the conversion of grades/CGPA to percentage of marks shall be based on the procedure certified by the university/ institution from where they have obtained the bachelor’s degree.
- Candidates working in Govt. organizations / PSU are required to produce a “No Objection Certificate” at the time of the Interview.
- Candidates claiming reservation under OBC (NCL) should belong to the OBC- Non creamy layer as on the last date of online submission of an application to POWERGRID.
- Candidates selected in POWERGRID are liable to be posted anywhere in India and Abroad.
- For any queries regarding this recruitment please send email to email@example.com with “ ET 26-____________” in the subject line. Candidates are required to add this email-id to their address book in order to avoid any email communication gap. However, candidates are advised to go through the advertisement in detail and not to raise any query which is already mentioned/ clarified in the advertisement. For technical queries relating to the online application form or browsing issues mail may be sent with the subject line: “ET 26 – Technical Issue –<subject matter>”. For other recruitment-related issues, mail may be sent with the subject line: “ET 26- <subject matter>”.
- No correspondence regarding this recruitment made in the Complaint Management System of POWERGRID will be entertained.
- Legal jurisdiction will be NCT of Delhi in case of any cause/dispute.
- Candidature is liable to be rejected at any stage of recruitment/ selection process without notice or if joined services are liable to be terminated, if any information provided by the candidate is not found in conformity with the eligibility criteria notified or POWERGRID comes across any evidence/ knowledge that the qualification/ experience /and any other particulars indicated in application/personal resume/ other forms/ formats are not recognized/ false/ misleading and/or amounts to suppression of information/ particulars which should have been brought to the notice of POWERGRID or that the candidate has been shortlisted for next stage in the process/ has secured employment in POWERGRID through or adopting any unfair means.
- Mere appearance in GATE 2022 or submission of an application to POWERGRID does not guarantee the adequacy of candidature for being considered for the further selection process.
- Complaints attributable to the incompatibility of the Client Systems, ignorance of users, non -availability of internet connectivity, or any other aspects beyond the direct control of POWERGRID employees or systems will not be entertained.
- All information regarding this recruitment process would be made available in the career section of the POWERGRID website only. Applicants are advised to check the website periodically for important updates. Once registered for POWERGRID, all correspondences shall be made through their registered e-mail ID or candidate login only.
|Gate 2020 Online Application
|Start GATE Registration through GOAPS
|14th September 2020
|Closing date for submission of online application
|30th September 2020
|Extended Closing date for submission of online application
|7th October 2020
|POWERGRID Online Application
|Commencement of Online Submission of Application to POWERGRID
|15th January 2022
|Last Date for Online Submission of Application to POWERGRID
|15th February 2022