Online learning is the future of Education
Coaching industry can primarily be divided into offline coaching and online coaching industries.
The online learning industry in India is booming.
There are various reasons behind this, such as:
- Suboptimal standard of education in schools/colleges.
- High level of competition leading to the need of having an edge over others.
- Access to educators around the world.
Let us have a look at the traditional offline coaching. The classroom experience has remained unchanged for decades. Classroom allows live interaction between students and teachers and among other students. Offline coaching provides the means for exchanging sudden sparks of genius and clarification of doubts with peers. This interaction is the main selling point of the offline mode of learning. Having said that, let us see the downside of offline coaching institutes:
- Offline centres are usually motivated by money.
- The attention is likely to fall on the ‘better’ students. So, to say it in a more appropriate way, ‘A possible rift between fast and slow learners.
- A fixed amount of content to be covered in one class, causing teachers to rush with content delivery.
- Students are segregated into batches based on marks.
As seen above, the offline method has a lot of flaws, which are quickly resolved by the online mode of learning. Indian students are shifting to the online mode of learning. According to a KPMG report, the online education industry had a user base of around 1.6 million people in 2016. By 2022, it is projected to be at 9.6 million users.
Let us now look at why students are turning towards an online mode of learning:
- The online courses offer more flexibility. Learning is self-paced, based on the needs of the particular student.
- Easy on the pocket: With the reduced cost of infrastructure for the institutes, they can pass on the reduced cost to the students in the form of the reduced course fee.
- The material and practice tests are regularly updated, unlike offline institutions where it is mostly done once a year.
- Better Study Experience: Institutes are using animation extensively to draw images. This reduces time and gives a better experience as the images are perfect. Animation can develop your 3D imagination very easily, hence making things simpler to understand. There is no way a drawing on a textbook or diagram on board can match the animations.
- You also get to study at the comfort of your room without having to travel all the way every day or living in a – not so comfortable – hostel.
- This is especially applicable to Tier 3 and Tier 4 cities in India. There is limited access to good coaching centres as they tend to be in Tier 1 and Tier 2 cities or are clustered in some states.
- You can compare yourself to students all over India with test series and rankings. This gives a realistic picture of where you stand, unlike comparing yourself with limited students in one batch.
- The problem of unavailability of interaction with faculties is overcome by live classes and doubt sessions.
- You have access to many faculties from all over India as compared to the limited number of them in a coaching centre. Hence, you have many different perspectives not only from teachers but also from fellow students.
- Option to chat with students all over India and understand others’ problem-solving strategies.
- With the boom of technology and easy and affordable access to the internet, students can very easily go for online learning.
With your doubts about online learning cleared, enrol for an online course of your choice with GATEFLIX and experience the new era of learning.