CAT Exam 2020 Aspirants, don’t make the mistake of waiting for Classroom coaching for CAT Exam 2020!
The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted one and all, ranging from people to companies, students to working professionals. Even so, life does not stop. CAT Exam 2020 will not be delayed either.
Attention CAT aspirant, do not make the mistake of waiting for classroom coaching for CAT Exam to begin your preparation for CAT 2020. With lockdowns being extended repeatedly and the impact of the pandemic upon us, in all likelihood coaching institutes won’t be opening anytime soon. With only over 6 months remaining for the CAT Exam 2020, your preparation for CAT 2020 should be going in full force. If you haven’t started yet, NOW IS THE TIME. We bring you this article to help you have realistic expectations.
Kindly be cognizant of the fact that classroom coaching for CAT Exam 2020isn’t going to open in near future. Once they open, they will be left with a limited number of hours for CAT 2020. Classes will be rushed and pressure will be upon them to squeeze in the content of two classes in one. Hence, the learning curve will be jeopardized. With the chances of online coaching reopening soon being slim, you must turn towards online learning for CAT 2020. There are obviously pros and cons of both the options. Let us quickly take a look at them.
Traditional offline coaching for CAT 2020: The classroom experience has remained unchanged for decades. The classroom allows live interaction between students and teachers and among other mates. Offline coaching provides the means for exchanging sudden sparks of genius and clarification of doubts with peers. This interaction is the main selling point of the offline mode of learning.
Having said that, let us see the downside of offline coaching institutes for CAT 2020:
- Offline centres for CAT 2020 preparation are usually motivated by money.
- The attention is likely to fall on the “better” students. Possible rift between the fast and slow learners.
- Fixed amount of content to be covered in one class, causing teachers to hurry in class.
- Students are segregated into batches on the basis of marks.
As seen above, the offline method definitely has a lot of flaws, which are quickly resolved by the online mode of learning. Indian students are shifting to the online mode of learning. According to a KPMG report, the online education industry had a user base of 1.6 million people in 2016. By 2022, it is projected to be at 9.6 million users.
Online learning:Let us now look at why students are turning towards online mode of learning for CAT 2020:
- The online courses for CAT 2020 offers more flexibility. Learning is self-paced, based on the needs of the student.
- Easy On The Pocket: With reduced cost of infrastructure for the institutes, they are able to pass on the reduced cost to the students in the form of reduced course fee.
- The material and practice tests are regularly updated, unlike offline institutions where it is mostly done once a year.
- Better Study Experience: Institutes are using animation extensively to draw images. This reduces time and gives a better experience as the images are perfect. Animation can develop your 3D imagination very easily; hence, making things simpler to understand. There is no way a drawing on a textbook or diagram on a board can match the animations.
- You also get to study at the comfort of your room without having to travel all the way every day or living in a – not so comfortable – hostel.
- This is especially applicable to Tier 3 and Tier 4 cities in India. There is limited access to good coaching centres as they tend to be in Tier 1 and Tier 2 cities or are clustered in some states.
- You are able to compare yourself to students all over India with test series and rankings. This gives a realistic picture of where you stand, unlike comparing yourself with limited students in one batch.
- The problem of unavailability of interaction with faculties is overcome by live classes and doubt sessions.
- You have access to many faculties from all over India as compared to the limited number of them in a coaching centre. Hence, you have many different perspectives not only from teachers but also from fellow students.
- Option to chat with students all over India and understand others’ problem solving strategies.
- With the boom of technology and easy and affordable access to the internet, students can very easily go for online learning.
TEAM GATEFLIX WISHES YOU ALL THE BEST FOR YOUR CAT PREPARATION!