Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati
Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, the sixth member of the IIT fraternity, was established in 1994
|Motto||ज्ञान ही शक्ति है|
|Address||Surjyamukhi Road, North, Amingaon, Guwahati, Assam 781039|
- The campus of IIT Guwahati is on the northern banks of Brahmaputra and abuts the North Guwahati town of Amingaon.
- The campus is on a 700 acres (2.8 km2) plot of land around 20 km from the heart of the city. It has the Brahmaputra on one side and hills and vast open spaces on others.
- All the students of the Institute have been provided with hostel rooms in the campus. The accommodation is single-seater. These hostels are equipped with all modern amenities. There are facilities for sports and recreation such as satellite TV, indoor games and a gymnasium
- The Institute has a Gymkhana to oversee the cultural and sports activities. The Gymkhana has a student General Secretary, a Sports Secretary, Academic Secretary, a Cultural Secretary – all of whom belong to the student community and are elected by the students.
- Bachelor’s of Technology (B.Tech )
- Bachelor of Design (B.Des.)
- Master of Technology (M.Tech)
- Master of Design (M.Des.)
- Master of Science by Research[M.S.(R)]
- Master of Science (M.Sc.)
- Master of Arts (M.A.)
- Chemical Engineering
- Chemical Science and Technology
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electronics and Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Physics
Average package offered is 9.60 lac and highest package offer is 56 lac