How to apply for GATE Exam?
GATE Exam is conducted in 7 countries across the globe, the names of these countries are as follows:
India, Ethiopia, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, UAE, Nepal and Singapore.
Must have completed or are in the final year of their Bachelor’s degree, duration of bachelor’s should be 4 years, and the stream should be either Engineering or Technology.
Must have completed or are in the final year of their Post-Graduation, i.e. Master’s degree – course duration should be 2 years, in any relevant science stream.
If a candidate has already passed (in 2017 or earlier) one of the above-mentioned qualification examinations, he/she has to upload the degree certificate or provisional certificate or course completion certificate issued by the institute.
If the candidate is in the final year of any of the qualifying examinations mentioned above, he/she has to upload a certificate from the Head of the Department / Institute.
After your GATE Exams, you have 2 months to register.
After you have submitted your application, you shall get your admit card through the mail, which you need to present in hard copy as no soft copy is allowed. Along with the admit card, original and valid photo id proof is also to be carried with you to the examination venue, and the ID should be the same which you had uploaded during the registration time, no photocopy or scanned copy or expired document will be taken into consideration.
Students were advised to keep the following things ready with them before they started filling the GATE Exam 2021 application form
- Scanned copies of photograph and signature in the mentioned dimensions
- Details pertaining to communication and permanent address, family and personal details
- HSC and SSC educational details, qualifying degree details
- Choice of GATE Exam paper for which appearing
- Details of valid Photo Identity Proof (Aadhaar Card/Passport/Driving License/PAN Card/Voter ID/College ID/Employee Identification Card/Notarized Affidavit with Photo, Signature, Date of Birth and Residential Address).
- The identity proof required from foreign students are Passport/Government Issued ID/College ID/Employee ID
- Copy of mark sheet of the fifth or sixth or seventh semester as the case may be (Candidates who are in their final year). Candidates with backlogs have to upload a copy of any of the mark sheet of the final/pre final year
- Candidates of professional equivalent qualifications, AMIE will have to upload the mark sheet for Section A of AMIE
- Caste Certificate (if applicable) as per given format issued by the competent authority
- Certificate of Disability (PwD) in the prescribed format by competent authority
- Declaration for candidates of Jammu and Kashmir (candidates who are unable to obtain documents due to restrictions in the region).
For Indian or Foreign nationality candidates:
- Government issued ID
- College ID
- Employment ID
- IISc Bangalore, Bangalore, Karnataka
- IIT Bombay, Maharashtra
- IIT Guwahati, Assam
- IIT Kanpur, Maharashtra
- IIT Kharagpur, West Bengal
- IIT Madras, Tamil Nadu
- IIT Delhi
- IIT Roorkee, Uttarakhand
- TIFR, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- NIT Trichy, Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu
- NIT Warangal, Hanamkonda, Telangana
- NIT Suratkal, Mangalore, Karnataka
- Jadavpur University, Kolkata, West Bengal
- NIT, Jamshedpur, Jharkhand
- BITS, BITS Pilani
- IT BHU, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
- MLNR, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh
- BIT Mesra, Ranchi, Jharkhand
- Delhi College of Engineering, Delhi
- IIT Hyderabad, Sangareddy district, Telangana
- Osmania University, Hyderabad, Telangana
- Anna University, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- School of Planning & Architecture – New Delhi(Delhi), Bhopal(Madhya Pradesh), Vijaywada(Andhra Pradesh)
- Regional Power Training Institute, Faridabad, Haryana, India
- Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Integrated Rural Energy Planning & Development, Alipur, Delhi
- Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi, Delhi
- Jamia Hamdard University, New Delhi, Delhi
- Indraprastha University, New Delhi, Delhi
- Delhi Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, Delhi
- Delhi Technological University, Delhi
- YMCA Institute of Engineering, Faridabad, Haryana
- Technological Institute of Textile & Science, Haryana
- National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra, Haryana
- National Council for Cement & Building Materials, Ballabhgarh, Haryana
- Maharishi Markandeswar Engineering College, Mullana, Ambala, Haryana
- Kurukshetra University, Hissar, Kurukshetra, Haryana
- University College of Science & Technology, Kolkata, West Bengal
- National Power Training Institute, Durgapur, West Bengal
- National Institute of Technology, Burdwan, West Bengal
- Jadavpur University, Kolkata, West Bengal
- Institute of Jute Technology, Kolkata, West Bengal
- Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata, West Bengal
- College of Textile Technology, Behrampore, West Bengal
- College of Leather Technology, Kolkata, West Bengal
- College of Ceramic Technology, Beliaghata, West Bengal
- Bengal Engineering College, Howrah, West Bengal
- Central Institute of Tool Design, Hyderabad, Telangana
- Chaitanya Bharathi Institute of Technology, Hyderabad, Telangana
- College of Engineering, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
- GITAM Institute of Technology, GITAM University, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
- JNTU College of Engineering, Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh
- JNTU College of Engineering, Hyderabad, Telangana
- JNTU College of Engineering, Kakinada, Hyderabad, Telangana
- JNTU School of Planning & Architecture, Hyderabad, Telangana
- Kakatiya Institute of Technology & Science, Warangal, Telangana
- Koneru Lakshmaiah College of Engineering, Guntur, Andra Pradesh