The quintessential role of time management while preparing for GATE

The quintessential role of time management while preparing for GATE

Time is what we most want and what we use worst. One who learns how to efficiently utilize the limited resource in the best way possible can master anything in life. Most often people say ‘I am busy’ and turn down the opportunities knocking on their door. Being busy doesn’t necessary mean that you are using your time effectively. The greatest truth is you will be able to find time to do what you want. It’s just about systematically planning, prioritizing, eliminating the list of things to be done.

Why is time management necessary?

  • Productive utilization of time

Like I said you may be busy studying the whole day but only 20% of it may actually be of any use. To be able to covert the other 80% into actual use, one has to focus on time management. Through time management, you can plan the syllabus, divide the portions by allotting time to each topic and then strive to finish it in the given time. This will help you discard distractions and you will see 90% of the times you will be able to do it.

  • Effective study in less time

Once you take time seriously and control it, you will be able to finish off the syllabus in much lesser time as compared to before which was without any planning.

  • Reduce stress

The moment you take the control of your time, your syllabus seems to be manageable. The nightmares of being unable to finish your syllabus in time or complete the paper in time will all vanish off. You will study with a cheerful face and also sit in the examination hall without any worry that you have missed out to read anything.

  • Reduce stress

The moment you take the control of your time, your syllabus seems to be manageable. The nightmares of being unable to finish your syllabus in time or complete the paper in time will all vanish off. You will study with a cheerful face and also sit in the examination hall without any worry that you have missed out to read anything.

How students appearing for GATE or IES should manage their time?

  • Plan

Have a bird’s eye view of the syllabus and make a plan by classifying the number of subjects, chapters, topics against the number of days available before the examination. Stick to the schedule.

  • Avoid multitasking

Focus on one thing at a time. Multitasking will distract your mind making you inefficient.

  • Keep a checklist and reward yourself

Once you create the master plan, create sub plans and then daily agendas. A tick mark in the checklist encourages you that you are on track. Don’t forget to reward yourself for doing well.

  • Don’t procrastinate

It is a general habit of an individual to postpone the tougher tasks and finish the easier ones first. But to be a master of time management, the toughest subject, chapter should be finished first. If left it for the later days, there are high chances you may not be able to do it at all.

  • Read the paper first

Once you sit for the exam, don’t panic, but read the whole paper first. This way you will know how long is the paper and how much time will it take to finish it. You can mentally calculate how to allot the time for each of the questions according to its marks. This way you will be able to finish the paper efficiently.

Gradually by applying the techniques of time management, one can surely live a more satisfied life. Knowing that you are able to shift from being just busy to being productively busy is a great sense of achievement in itself.

Time is non-refundable, use it with intention.

Categories: Blog Tags:
GATEFLIX